Located in the Shenandoah Valley, Cros-B-Crest Farm is a family owned and operated wholesale grower. We enjoy creating relationships and serving the retailers, nurseries, and landscapers across the Valley, as well as, all across Virginia and its neighboring states with top quality plant selections. Our wholesale operation produces spring annuals, select summer offerings available through the end of June, fall favorites: pansies, mums, ornamental cabbage and kale, plus winter poinsettias to round out the year. We proudly grow nationally recognized Proven Winners® annuals along with hundreds of other beautiful annuals, as well as, select herbs and vegetables in energy efficient, controlled greenhouses, guaranteeing our customers top quality finished plants. As a grower, Cros-B-Crest Farm aims to serve its customers with consistent, high quality plant material, unique varieties, and excellent service.
Job Title: Greenhouse Production Assistant
Job Status: Seasonal Part-Time
Job Description: Cros-B-Crest Farm is a family-owned and operated wholesale greenhouse operation located in Staunton, Virginia. We are looking to hire reliable, self-motivated, energetic individuals to join our seasonal production team. We are quality oriented, and applicants must be detail oriented and able to assist with all aspects of the production and distribution of annual plants for the spring season, from February through May.
- Transplanting young plants and sticking cuttings
- Labeling transplanted containers
- Placement of plants to grow location: bench, floor, hanging
- Helping pull orders and load finished product for shipment
- Helping maintain a clean work environment: organizing supplies, sweeping, weeding, general upkeep of greenhouse
- Filling pots and containers for transplant production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a cohesive team atmosphere
- Have good hand/eye coordination
- Able to follow detailed directions with accuracy
- Pride yourself on attention to detail
- Ability be stand on your feet for long hours along with bending and lifting up to 40 pounds
- Able to carry 15-20 pounds repeatedly the length of greenhouse
- Must be dependable and have reliable transportation
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be comfortable working in varying greenhouse conditions: humid, warm, cold, etc.
- Paid morning break
- Flexible hours: While spring is our busiest season, we are willing to make reasonable accommodations for schedules and times of availability.
- Working around beautiful flowers: this position also gives you an excellent opportunity to learn a lot about annuals and all that goes into producing them before they reach the retailer.
Please email a brief note about why you are interested in joining our seasonal team along with your resume and application (see below) to email@example.com. We will contact eligible applicants for interviews. Please, no phone calls.
Online Application (form should automatically start downloading)
If you cannot view or edit the above online application, please click here to download and fill out the application by hand.