Located in the Shenandoah Valley, Cros-B-Crest Farm is a family owned and operated wholesale grower. We enjoy creating relationships and serving the retailers, nurseries, and landscapers across the Valley, as well as, all across Virginia and its neighboring states with top quality plant selections. Our wholesale operation produces spring annuals, select summer offerings available through the end of June, fall favorites: pansies, mums, ornamental cabbage and kale, plus winter poinsettias to round out the year. We proudly grow nationally recognized Proven Winners® annuals along with hundreds of other beautiful annuals, as well as, select herbs and vegetables in energy efficient, controlled greenhouses, guaranteeing our customers top quality finished plants. As a grower, Cros-B-Crest Farm aims to serve its customers with consistent, high quality plant material, unique varieties, and excellent service.
Job Title: Delivery Driver
Job Status: Seasonal Part-Time
Job Description: Cros-B-Crest Farm is a family-owned and operated wholesale greenhouse operation located in Staunton, Virginia. We are looking to hire reliable, self-motivated, energetic individuals to join our team and deliver seasonal plants to our customers across VA and into MD, WVA, and NC. This position is part-time for the months of April, May, September and October.
Tasks and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide timely and courteous delivery of floral product to garden centers, nursery retailers and landscapers across Virginia and also into Maryland, West Virginia, and North Carolina.
- Assist with loading and unloading products.
- Collect payment from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Make minor mechanical repairs to ensure the equipment is in safe working condition.
- Perform daily inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor. Keep equipment clean.
- Operate straight truck for deliveries, as well as picking up material at suppliers.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations.
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Provide DMV driving record
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to safely drive various types of vehicles; livestock trailer driving experience a plus
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience in the green industry or a retail/wholesale environment is a plus
- Must be dependable and have reliable transportation
- Must have a positive attitude
- Great communication skills
Training: Driving experience is preferred, this position will receive on-the-job training
- Flexible hours: While spring is our busiest season, we are willing to make reasonable accommodations for schedules and times of availability.
- Day trips only: all deliveries will depart and return within one day. No overnight trips.
Please email a brief note about why you are interested in joining our team along with your resume and application (see below) to email@example.com. We will contact eligible applicants for interviews. Please, no phone calls.
Online Application (form should automatically start downloading)
If you cannot view or edit the above online application, please click here to download and fill out the application by hand.